Theros Release Tournaments with 20k gems in prize pool - Sponsored by Wizards
By: andreliverod - 22 Jan 2020
Sign up links:
Prize limits per account in MTG Arena: Only one 10k gem pack code, one THB Prerelease code and one 1,000exp code can be redeemed per account in MTG Arena.
Free to participate - Prize pool sponsored by Wizards of the Coast.
Prior to the Tourney start, you must have the Aetherhub Tourney Page open as all pairings will be displayed here. You must also have the Streamers Twitch Channel open to know when a round starts and ends, you may mute during the games.
To join the Tournament you will need an AetherHub user, log in and sign in at the top of the page. You need to deliver a decklist when signing up. We will accept your attendance 30 minutes before the tourney starts! At this point, your deck is locked and cannot be changed. When you create a decklist mark it as a Standard deck. Public Standard or MTG Standard decks can also be submitted by pasting in their URL.
Input your MTG Arena nick! It is case sensitive, copy it from within the game and do not manually type it in. Nick can be changed at a later point by opening Account -> Edit Profile
Pairings and delivering results happen within the browser during the tournament date. For more details on how this works, have a look at this article: How to Participate in an AetherHub Tourney
If you want to add people in the tourney in your friendslist, feel free to ask in the Twitch chat.
We are giving away this extended foil art done by @msjalters, no need to participate in the tourney just retweet and like this post on Twitter. The winner will be announced on January 26th. Doing this to spread the word of our new MTG Arena Extension: MtgaAssistant.net
For how long does it run?
Being a swiss tourney with no cut to top 8 we expect the tourney to last for 6-7 rounds, with 50 minutes per round this means around 6 hours. You are free to drop out of the tourney at any point if you lose your rounds, but when doing so mark yourselves as dropped when you deliver the results for the round.
- The format is Standard
- Swiss Best of 3, rounds based on participants.
- 50mins per round. The timer is based on the AetherHub timer on the webpage, not the in-game timer.
- A tie will be issued if the round Exceeds 50 Minutes, the next round will begin early if everyone finishes before 50 Minutes.
- When challenging the opponent Select "Tournament Match"
- Decklist required before Tourney start. Be sure to deliver and join the Tourney at least 1 hour before we start.
- Before tourney start, open the host stream and the tournament web page.
- Tourney Starts Promptly at the specified time. The streamer is live at least a half-hour before the start. If you have any questions this is a good time to ask.
- Use the Twitch chat for your main communication as it is easiest for the Streamer to see what is going on there. When not playing keep the streamer unmuted as the next round will start as soon as everyone is finished.
- Reporting scores happens on the webpage after each round, both players have to report the score, even if they lose. Not reporting might result in a drop from the tourney.
- Put in your MTG Arena nick in the Game nick field when signing up. You can edit this later by clicking on "Account" and "Edit Profile" on the site. Failure to put in the correct nick results in a drop from the Tourney.
- If your game crashes, you will be issued a loss since it is not possible to resume the match again.
Chat / Communicating with others
To communicate with other players use the Twitch chat of the Streamer.
- Once the first pairings have been determined you will find your opponent on the tourney webpage. The row in which your pairing is will be highlighted. The game nick of your opponent will be displayed. However, if you need to voice a complaint, please do so in the Twitch stream chat.
- When Pairing against your opponent, use these settings:
- Tournament Match
- Best of three
- Coin Flip
- Traditional Standard Cards
- Timers On
- If your opponent didn't show up after the 10 minute period when the timer reaches 40mins left: Give yourself 2 wins and checkmark the box that says no show on your opponent.
- If you have determined that you've played enough and want to drop out of the tournament, please make sure to go back to the results page and checkmark the box that is labeled self drop.
- Intentional draws are written as 0-0-3. There is usually not anything to gain on doing this since there is no cut to top 8 plays. If you have played a match and then want to draw, you write it as 1-1-1 instead.
- This is a free community tourney and is open for everyone, be a good sport when playing. Leave the salt in the kitchen.
Founder and CEO of AetherHub.com, he likes to play with fire and also has a Twitter account he posts his stuff on. If you are interested in supporting him on Patreon you will also receive an AetherHub.com premium subscription!
"Nuts & Bolts Spike spends his energy looking within. He tries to understand his own internal flaws and works to improve them"