Traditional Historic added and metagame time selector - Updates June 2020
By: andreliverod - 14 Jun 2020
Traditional Historic and Metagame time span selector
With Wotc making this into a permanent format we have added this to the website both for users to post their decks and as a new category in our Metagame page. We moved over some BO3 decks we found in the Historic category but we need some more time before we get a good amount for decklists. We also added Traditional Historic to MTGA Assistant so the extension can automatically tell you what decks you are able to build.
Another new feature for the Metagame pages is the ability to select a time span in days. For MTG Arena formats we have added options for 7, 30, 60, and 90 days. For other formats like Pioneer, Modern, Legacy, etc. the time span is 30, 60, 90, 180, and 365 days. This enables users to get a more accurate overview of the metagame during rotations and bans. The metagame pages now have some extra content on the side panels instead of it being mostly blank.
There is a new section on AetherHub called Rewards, this is where people can redeem their Gift Points for rewards like codes in MTG Arena. So where do you get these gift points? As of right now, there is no automatic way to acquire these, they will be used strictly for rewards in tournaments, for giveaways from us to our users, or from our content creators to users of the website or as rewards on our ranked ladder. So be on the lookout for these in the future.
In addition to system improvements and backend updates here is what we have released since May up until today on AetherHub:
- Frontpage Videos now has named URLs instead of ID numbers. This is something we are now working on for decklists too.
- Changed the Arena Standard format name to Standard BO1, Changed Historic to Historic BO1
- Big frontpage overhaul, more symmetric, and easy to read.
- Issues with Sideboards in Metagame in the Standard BO3 format, they were missing from recent decks, the bug has been fixed.
- Ranking ladder: Improved browsing to the earlier seasons, "First Mythics" now have a season browsing feature.
- New Metagame page layout, horizontal instead of side-by-side cards for easier readability
- Frontpage on mobile: Improved the top quick links
- Rerouted a bunch of URLs on the webpage, this is the first step of a bigger cleanup where we plan to Improve URL readability and page browsing.
- Added image header to Public decks, the image is chosen semi-random. Future plans are that users can select an image to use as a deck image. Commanders are now displayed within the decklist instead of on the side of the deck.
- Five-day old global notifications are now removed.
MTGA Assistant Updates
We have made a new deck tracker interface that looks more modern and refined than the earlier one and at the same time takes up less horizontal space. Here is how it looks:
Support for Premier and Traditional Drafts have been added! More details in this article. We also did an overhaul to the draft helper to make it take up less space.
All Updates to MTGA Assistant since our last update post in May:
- Ordering in ranked events fixed, added ranked decay info on Team, Constructed and limited Ladders.
- Improved startup and shutdown performance.
- Fixed Show/Hide hotkey bug.
- Added version check flag to desktop window changelog and manual update button.
- Updated Detailed Logs enabled detection method.
- Made Double clicking on Desktop App for maximizing possible
- Deck Tracker Interface revamp! Changed the design and made improvements
- Deck Tracker now hides cards if you do not have any left in your library.
- Draft Helper improvements, slimmer, and now has a hide button.
- Added delay before starting to read logs, trying to prevent false messages of user not having activated extension.
- Premiere and Traditional Draft Helper support added!
- Added decay to Ranking ladders for users that have not synced in over 4 days.
- Added Loading screen button to disable the load screen stats.
- Recent Acquired cards now also includes cards from the Daily Reward track
- Deck tracker buttons improved", "UI Tweaks to Meta page ingame
- Added MTGA Events to deck reporting tool. Needs data and testing before adding it metagame pages.
- New streamlined Metagame pages in-game and on desktop App.
- Deck tracker stays hidden when minimized with a hotkey
- Bugfix: Match History now shows correct winrate in deck details.
- Bugfix: Recent Acquired cards were bugged after latest MTGA Patch, has now been fixed.
- Added Event Metagame overviews for Pioneer, Modern, Legacy, Vintage, and Commander
- Bug when Closing and opening MTGA without closing the desktop App window fixed. This could cause the Deck tracker to have negative numbers.
- Fixed toggle button for enabling/disabling loading screen stats. Was not working due to an error.
- Updated log parser to match the new MTGA log that came with the recent update.
- Recent Opponents bugfix: Now displays full nick. This stopped working due to a log change in the MTGA April update. Also displays match win/loss for ladder and play matches.
- Added option for disabling loading screen stats and end game stats under Settings.
- Detecting when players change game windows have been improved.
Founder and CEO of AetherHub.com, he likes to play with fire and also has a Twitter account he posts his stuff on. If you are interested in supporting him on Patreon you will also receive an AetherHub.com premium subscription!
"Nuts & Bolts Spike spends his energy looking within. He tries to understand his own internal flaws and works to improve them"