JUN 25 - "Black Screen"
Several users are experiencing black screens, Wizards are investigating the issue.
JUN 25 - MTG Extension problems
Several MTG Arena extensions do not work after the new update due to changes in the client. MTGA Assistant has released an emergency update (version 1.6.4) that launches the extension within the game but it takes half a minute to load and Premium draft helper is not working. We will be releasing more updates within the next day to fix the issue.
Below is information extracted from the latest patch notes: https://forums.mtgarena.com/forums/threads/66318
GAME UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
- Core Set 2021 is now available!
- macOS is now supported through a partnership with the Epic Game Store. Same game, same collection, new platform
- Magic: The Gathering Arena now requires a 64-bit operating system.
- Core Set 2021 is now available on MTG Arena!
- Core Set 2021 Sealed, Premier Draft, and Traditional Draft events are now available!
- Core Set 2021 cards are considered legal in all constructed formats (Historic and Standard)
When permanents are phased out, they're treated as if they don't exist. It can’t be the target of spells or abilities, its static abilities have no effect on the game, its triggered abilities can’t trigger, it can’t attack or block, and so on. They phase in or out before your untap during your untap step.
Phasing out doesn’t cause any “leaves the battlefield” abilities to trigger. Similarly, phasing in won’t cause any “enters the battlefield” abilities to trigger. (Any one-shot effects that are waiting “until [this] leaves the battlefield,” such as that of Kitesail Freebooter, won’t happen when a permanent phases out.)
Each Aura and Equipment attached to a permanent that’s phasing out also phases out. They will phase in with that permanent and still be attached to it. Similarly, permanents that phase out with counters phase in with those counters.
An attacking creature that phases out is removed from combat.
Creatures that phase in are unaffected by summoning sickness. They can attack and use activated abilities during the turn they phase back into play.
Casting noncreature spells inspires certain creatures to feats of martial glory. These creatures with the returning prowess keyword get +1/+1 for the turn whenever you cast a noncreature spell.
Any spell you cast that doesn’t have the type creature will cause prowess to trigger. Playing a land also won’t cause prowess to trigger.
An ability that triggers when a player casts a spell resolves before the spell that caused it to trigger. It resolves even if that spell is countered.
MILL (“NEW” KEYWORD ACTION)
Players have been putting the top card of their library into their graveyard since the Antiquities set, and that’s quite a lot of words to say to describe the action. Players have called this “mill,” named after the card Millstone, and this term has now been promoted to an official game term
If a player is instructed to mill more cards than they have in their library, they put all of the cards in their library into their graveyard. On the other hand, if a player is given a choice to mill more cards than they have in their library, they can’t choose to do so
Once a player’s library is empty, that player doesn’t lose the game until they try to draw a card and can’t.
DOG (“NEW” CREATURE TYPE)
Core Set 2021 has gone to the dogs in the best way possible! Not only does the set itself contain more canines than you can shake a stick at, all existing Hounds have received errata to be Dogs instead.
PACK COLLATION AND REPRINTS
- If you've collected a playset of a fully reprinted card, we will be adjusting the rate at which you'll receive these cards in store boosters. We're defining "full reprints" as a card that shares both the name and artwork of a card that already exists in MTG Arena.
- You will only receive a copy of fully reprinted cards from a pack after you have received playsets of all other rares and mythic rares (i.e. the same thing we do with a card if it's banned in Standard).
- If you already own a playset (four copies) of a card that is fully reprinted, you will only receive further copies of that card from store boosters if you already own playsets of all other rares and mythic rares from that set (i.e. the same thing we do with a card if it's banned in Standard).
- The game will check this against your entire collection. For example, if you own three copies of Fabled Passage from Throne of Eldraine, and you open a fourth in Core Set 2021, the game will adjust the distribution rate of this card in both Throne of Eldraine and Core Set 2021 booster packs now that you've completed a playset.
- This change does not impact Limited boosters; you will still receive them at their original distribution rate in Draft or Sealed events.
- This change only applies to fully reprinted rares and mythic rares; we will not be adjusting the distribution rate of fully reprinted commons or uncommons.
- Core Set 2021 cards that are also available in Jumpstart are treated as being part of Core Set 2021 for anything that affects distribution rate or duplicate protection.
- We've added a Quick Tap key: Hold down Q to tap multiple mana producing permanents, release to submit all of them at once.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: This is optimized for speed, so if you care about the color of mana a source produces, you should still tap that one normally.
- We've updated the Extra/Consecutive turn indicator. You now see an indicator any time the upcoming turn order is out of the ordinary!
- Updated behavior of Brawl Commanders such that they actually do zone transfer when they die or are exiled, and the player then has one chance at the next state based action to transfer them to the Command Zone.
- We no longer automatically group replacement effects that appear to be identical if Auto Choose Replacement Effects is turned off.
- Mousing over an ability on the stack with an additional cost (say Witch's Oven sacrificing a creature) now indicates the card used to pay that cost.
- Cards in paper that allowed you to search the graveyard or your library and then shuffle your Library only if it was searched now do the same on MTG Arena.
- Cards that use the new keyword Mill have appropriate hangers and interactions.
- Cards that have a badge for the number of instant and sorcery cards in your graveyard now show that badge in all zones.
- Cards that care about the count of cards of the same name in the graveyard (like Undead Servant)now show a count of those cards everywhere other than on the battlefield.
- Mystic Subdual: We now show the "Mutating onto the creature won't give it new abilities. It can gain abilities in other ways." reminder text on Mystic Subdual's rule text, not just in a hanger.
- Added a in-game tool tip to show all of the advanced search commands usable in the deckbuilder's search filter:
- Added several improvements to the deckbuilder's "pile"/horizontal view:
- In the deckbuilder, "pile" / "column" view can be expanded and retracted to take up most of the screen (similar to when viewing a preconstructed deck in our in-game events)
- Searching for cards in this expanded view splits piles into two horizontal rows, with the cards searched for in the top row and other cards in the bottom row. For example, searching for creature (T:Creature):
- In Sealed and Draft events, when in the expanded horizontal view filter buttons ( ) can be used to add all cards of that color to your deck from your sideboard
- Suggested cards are highlighted in blue, and can be removed with the filter buttons as well. They are finalized into the deck by saving or closing the expanded view.
- When importing decks, misspelled names are ignored if you have the set name and collector number on the line.
- The Play Blade should no longer inappropriately revert to Bot Matches
- Various fixes related to Companions and Sideboarding
- Individual Card Rewards (ICRs) should no longer occasionally incorrectly tag a card as being "First!" in your collection
- Lurrus of the Dream-Den has a hyphen in their name now.
- Having two Angels of Vitality in play caused no longer causes visual bugs in the damage VFX when your opponent was attacked.
- Spending mana from Domri, Chaos Bringer on a mutating spell no longer causes causes unbounded gaining of Riot
- Guardian Project now interacts correctly with the triggering card being bounced or flickered before Guardian Project resolves.
- Emblems created by Planeswalkers that also create a token (but not with the Emblem) no longer display the token when moused over.
- The very top of the title of some full-card hangers (e.g. where it shows the backside of a double-faced card or a related token) on your opponent's cards were being cut off. We've nudged that down a few pixels. Never be confused if it's a token or a transformation again!
- Cards that were sent to the bottom of the Library would briefly visually appear to be on top. This has been fixed (hurray!).
- Full art tokens that gain abilities also gain a text box to display them in.
- Tokens created by copies of creatures that had been mutated over a creature that creates tokens weren't displaying art. They are now.
- Cards on the battlefield now only get "..." badges when they have abilities that don't have an icon, or would have 4 or more badges.
- Fixed multiple issues with cards not showing styles correctly when zone transferring or mutating.
- Fixed an issue where choosing a mutating spell as a source to prevent damage from does not result in preventing damage from the permanent it becomes.
- Now if you prevent damage from a Porcuparrot, and then they flash something over it, you're still good.
- Fixed a missing string for paying mana in order to attack.
- Cards that say you "may mill" no longer let you do so if it would require you to mill more cards than you have remaining.
- Adventure cards that have been exiled but didn't go on an adventure no longer show Adventure VFX.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to hold control without the timer counting down.
- We've updated Jenn Ravenna Tran's artist credit in game, in line with their preference.
- Fixed a bug that could cause badges to be inappropriately shown on cards in the deckbuilder and collection
- When importing decks, misspelled names are ignored if you have the set name and collector number on the line
- Editing a deck no longer removes favoriting!
- Deck format drop-down in the deck manager scene is now large enough to show all deck formats!
- Deck Manager format is saved when leaving and returning to the scene.
Founder and CEO of AetherHub.com, he likes to play with fire and also has a Twitter account he posts his stuff on. If you are interested in supporting him on Patreon you will also receive an AetherHub.com premium subscription!
"Nuts & Bolts Spike spends his energy looking within. He tries to understand his own internal flaws and works to improve them"