Mark Rosewater is the head designer for Magic: The Gathering and he has a blog over at Tumblr where he posts and answers users' questions. Check out his Blogatog here.
He just posted some Ikoria teasers, stating that it is only partial information. But needless to say it is still very interesting:
• Magic’s seventh Egg
• A card with the text “four or more times this game”
• A card with the text “total power 10 or less”
• Magic’s largest power/toughness granting aura.
• A card with the text “X is the number of times this creature has mutated”
• Magic’s third and fourth card with “(Zero is even.)” reminder text.
• Three cards with the text “different name(s)”
• Twelve different types of counters (Not counting Planeswalkers)
• A card that says “choose a kind of counter at random”
• A card with the text “remove eight foreshadow counters”
• And a cycle that players have been asking us to make for over ten years
In addition, Ikoria has creatures with the following creature types:
• Dinosaur Turtle
• Shark Beast
• Demon Kraken
• Elemental Otter
• Hellion Horror
• and a Nightmare Squirrel (Yes, a Squirrel in a Standard-legal set!)
So you excited yet for the next set? We sure are!
Founder and CEO of AetherHub.com, he likes to play with fire and also has a Twitter account he posts his stuff on. If you are interested in supporting him on Patreon you will also receive an AetherHub.com premium subscription!
"Nuts & Bolts Spike spends his energy looking within. He tries to understand his own internal flaws and works to improve them"