MTGA Assistant version 2.0 released
By: andreliverod - 21 Dec 2020
We have done a major overhaul to the MTGA Assistant interface with version 2.0. Our earlier version was hard to manage as it lived in two entities, the desktop app, and the in-game app. Our first goal was to have a unified experience for our users and at the same time make it easier to develop new features. Gone is the in-game app that was bound to MTG Arena, while we still use it for things like the deck tracker and draft helper the new desktop app is now what you get when you open the app. This means the window can be moved around just like any native Windows app, optimizing the experience for those with multiple screens.
New features in MTGA Assistant 2.0
- The deck tracker has the ability to run either inside the game or in a secondary window.
- Several GUI and performance improvements all over the board.
- Color matchup statistics for each deck
- More details on the Collection summary, we display the card count for each rarity in addition to the percentage progress.
- The draft logs are now way easier to navigate, and we have a refresh button so you can easily browse earlier picks during a live draft.
- Improved collection tracker to track cards as you draft them, earlier these cards were just added to your collection each time you started the game.
- Extension loading on game launch improved and extra output information is displayed when hovering.
- Fixed color identification bug on opponent decks.
- Opponent decklists are now stored in ranked and ladder games and can be viewed under deck summary after a match. Working on supporting more modes.
- New Media page showing articles from both AetherHub and TCGPlayer Infinite, live Twitch streamers from Team Aether/AetherHuhb Content creators, and the latest Youtube videos from AetherHub.
We have two areas we want to focus on for our next update, the first one being AetherHub sync and integration. Users that sync their AetherHub account today can partake in our competitive ladders and get no ads if they have a premium account. But we want to bring more to the table in form of collection, deck data, statistics, etc. These will have to be opt-in features as we recognize that not everyone wants all their decks and information posted on our site, but would like to enjoy other features we provide with feature like this.
Our second focus area is more statistics tracking in constructed events and draft. We want to provide you with more for your deck in all kinds of events. We are also looking into what we can do with the draft metagame and how we can provide our users with some value in that regard.
Founder and CEO of AetherHub.com, he likes to play with fire and also has a Twitter account he posts his stuff on. If you are interested in supporting him on Patreon you will also receive an AetherHub.com premium subscription!
"Nuts & Bolts Spike spends his energy looking within. He tries to understand his own internal flaws and works to improve them"