Featured Deck: Mirari Inferno [Guide]Format: Standard
Last Updated: 05 Sep 2018
Hello fellow magic players, today I am bringing to you my definitive build of the Mirari conjecture combo deck.
The idea is not new to most of you, but there are a lot of slight changes between some builds and I found myself comfortable with this one for the reasons we discuss below alongside some others considerations for those who find the deck new.
0) The deck plays the combo Mirari conjecture with fight with fire, the last chapter let's us copy it and the goal is to play fight with fire with kicker and deal 20 dmg in 1 turn. The other options are with banefire and jaya's inferno.
1) We are brewing a 1 of jaya's inferno which gives the name to the deck, why can we do that? Because we play both 2 jaya and 1 baral to enable the inferno and it adds another win condition to Fight with Fire and Banefire
2) This build plays 4 Gearhulks that usually shine when you can buyback not only glimmer of genius but vraska's contempt too and that's why I splitted the cheap removal into 2 abrade and 2 Lightning strike. The goal is to win by burning our opponent out using the strikes and the gearhulks if we weren't able to pull out the combo.
3) Colors: The deck doesn't make space for white or black and sometimes we might miss the help of vraska's contempt already mentioned, urza blast, settle the wreckage and some other powerful removals. So what do we have more than a 3-color control deck? We are a combo deck and the fear of being able to win in 1 turn is what makes our opponent conscious and careful or anxious to win before we pull the combo. At the same time we are smoother and easier to play than 3-color decks where lands can punish you sometimes.
4) Jaya Ballard is not a very powerful planeswalker and outclassed by every single one we can play in standard except in this deck. She is amazing here both for the loothing effect and the ramp into our kicked fight with fire or big inferno/banefire or just play a sweltering suns for free.
5) Sideboard: These are the colors these are the cards, jace's defeat, negates and nezy for control, chandra's defeat and more abrades against red aggro decks or other archetypes that play heart of kieran. Chandra and glorybringer to pressure midrange decks and useful in grindy match ups. Release the gremlins very good against storm or play it if you think you just need a 5th abrade.
Mainboard - 60 cards (21 distinct)
|Instant, Sorcery, Enchantment, Artifact (27)|
Sideboard - 15 cards (8 distinct)
Mainboard - 60 cards (21 distinct)4 Torrential Gearhulk
1 Baral, Chief of Compliance
2 Search for Azcanta
2 Glimmer of Genius
2 Sweltering Suns
3 The Mirari Conjecture
1 Blink of an Eye
3 Fight with Fire
1 Jaya's Immolating Inferno
2 Lightning Strike
2 Field of Ruin
1 Spirebluff Canal
3 Sulfur Falls
2 Jaya Ballard
Sideboard - 15 cards (8 distinct)2 Glorybringer
1 Nezahal, Primal Tide
2 Jace's Defeat
2 Chandra's Defeat
1 Release the Gremlins
1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
Add deck to your favorites
Please log in to be able to store your favorite decks for easy access under My Decks in the main menu.
Main/Sideboard Rarity Count